First-Year Student Orientation 2017
Congratulations on your acceptance to Rhode Island College.
To assist you in making a smooth transition to Rhode Island College, all incoming first-year students are required to attend an orientation program. At orientation you will learn about the people, programs, and services that will make your college career more rewarding. A very important part of orientation is academic advisement and registration for your fall classes. You will receive academic advisement from our faculty and staff advisors, and student orientation leaders will assist you as you register for classes.
For students joining the RIC Community in the fall of 2017
Orientation sessions will close 48 hours prior to the start of each session.
First-year students are asked to attend one of the following overnight sessions:
SESSION 1- May 31st – June 1stCLOSED SESSION 2 – June 5th – June 6thCLOSED
- SESSION 3 – June 8th – June 9th
SESSION 4 – June 12th – June 13thCLOSED
- SESSION 5 – June 15th – June 16th
- SESSION 6 – June 19th – June 20th
- SESSION 7 – June 22nd – June 23rd
We look forward to welcoming you to Rhode Island College.
NOTE: To register, you will need to log into your MyRIC account.
Once you are logged in, the link to register for an orientation session can be found in the lower right corner of the main page.
Top Reasons to Attend Orientation:
- Because Orientation is where you will receive academic advice so you can register for classes,
- Because you will have the opportunity to meet other incoming students and make connections
- Because you will get to know the RIC campus, its resources and support services,
- Because you will have your questions answered before classes begin,
- Because by attending Orientation you will be 100% ready to begin classes in the fall.
- Because it is mandatory.