Academic Advising is mandatory for all undergraduate degree candidates at Rhode Island College. You must consult with your advisor prior to registering for your fall and spring classes so that the Universal Advising Hold (UAD) can be removed. This requirement encourages students to meet with their advisor regarding academic plans, thereby helping students stay on track for graduation. Students can find the name of their advisor by logging into MyRIC and then clicking on My Academics, then access the link “View my Advisors”.
OASIS serves as the official advisor to students in the Exploring Majors. If you are an Exploring Major, you will need to schedule an appointment with an advisor in OASIS in order to discuss your next semester’s classes. You should make your appointment well before course registration opens on November 7, 2016 for the spring 2017 semester. Please contact OASIS at (401) 456-8083 to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
WHO IS MY ADVISOR IN OASIS?
- Exploring Arts - Susan McAllister
- Exploring Business - Amanda Dickey
- Exploring Humanities - Brooks Saul
- Exploring Science/Math - Cara Skorski
- Exploring Social & Behavioral Sciences - Brooks Saul
LINKS TO ADVISING TOOLS FOR YOUR SPRING 2017 SCHEDULE:
- Exploring Majors Rhode Maps - http://www.ric.edu/exploringmajors/
- Spring 2017 schedule of classes – http://www.ric.edu/recordsoffice/pdf/springsemester.pdf
- RIC General Education Requirements
- Course Schedule Worksheet
OASIS is open:
|Monday - Thursday||
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.