ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: If you can no longer log into RIC email, Blackboard or MyRIC, visit the Student Account Page.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Goals
Graduates of the Program will:
- Engage in continuous education in the arts and sciences to inform decision making as a professional nurse and member of a global society.
- Apply concepts of leadership, quality and safety to improve health care outcomes in a cost-effective, safe and caring organizational environment.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in evaluating and integrating evidence and interprofessional perspectives to improve health care outcomes.
- Use patient care technologies, information systems and communication systems to facilitate safe, efficient and effective nursing practice.
- Promote professional nursing practice that addresses policy development, legislative process, health care financing and reimbursement and political activism within an ethical framework.
- Perform in the autonomous and collaborative role of the professional nurse to enhance the interprofessional team.
- Participate in activities that promote health, prevent illness and injury and provide population-focused interventions that provide effective, efficient and equitable health care.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors that encompass accountability, responsibility, adherence to standards of moral, ethical and legal conduct and the pursuit of life long learning.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide nursing care in a variety of settings to a diverse group of patients of all ages, cultures, genders and religious backgrounds.
Master of Science in Nursing Program Goals
Master's Program Goals
Master's Program Expected Outcomes
|Apply scientific knowledge from nursing and related disciplines to plan, direct, and evaluate health care||Competency in Background for Practice: Sciences & Humanities|
|Assume leadership responsibilities to shape nursing practice in adult/older adult care or public health nursling||Competency in Organizational/Systems Leadership|
|Implement quality and safety initiatives to assure positive individual and population health outcomes||Competency in Quality & Safety|
|Promote translation and integration of scholarship, research, and evidence based practice||Competency in Translation and Integration of Scholarship, Research, Evidence Based Practice|
|Incorporate innovative healthcare technologies and informatics to improve care management and enhance outcomes||Competency in Innovative Health Care Technologies and Informatics|
|Promote policies that assure quality, cost effective and equitable care within a dynamic health care system||Competency in Health Policy and Advocacy|
|Engage in interdisciplinary, collaborative practice to improve individual and population health outcomes||Competency in Interdisciplinary, Collaborative Practice|
|Analyze population health needs of a diverse society for preventive health strategies||Competency in Clinical Prevention and Population Health.
Competency in Cultural Sensitivity and Diversity
|Demonstrate ethical practice, professional responsibility, and continued professional growth||Competency in Ethics|
|Demonstrate master's level nursing practice||Competency in Master's Level Nursing Practice|
|Assume advanced practice roles in adult/gerontology acute care or public health nursing||Competency in Advanced Practice Role|