Call for RIC Student Leadership Award Nominations
Do you know a Rhode Island College student, organization or club that embodies the phrase “student leader?” If so, nominate them for one of seven honors as part of the fifth annual Student Leadership Awards created by the Student Activities Office.
RIC students, staff, administrators and community members are welcome to submit nominations through Friday, March 22. All nominees must be current RIC students in good academic standing. Nominators and nominees will be invited to attend a recognition ceremony on Friday, April 19.
“The Student Leadership Awards program gives faculty, staff, and students the opportunity to recognize the accomplishments of Rhode Island College students both on and off campus,” said Marissa Weiss, assistant director of Student Activities.
Each year, more than 80 nominations are submitted. The Student Leadership Awards honors not only current students, but also the contributions of former RIC student Alan Chille ’82, currently the general manager of the Providence Performing Arts Center, for whom one of the awards is named. While at RIC, Chille manager the Rathskeller College Pub, worked at the Bookstore and was a leader of Programming.
- Alan Chille Leadership Excellence: Presented to graduating seniors who exemplify what it means to be a student leader.
- Vital Contribution to the Community: Presented to undergraduate students who have shown that a community can be transformed through leadership and involvement.
- Campus Spirit: Presented to undergraduate students who take pride in and embody the spirit of RIC and have inspired others to become engaged in the college and its mission.
- Rising Star: Presented to undergraduate students who have shown great leadership potential. Although their leadership journey is in the beginning stages, they have gone above and beyond their assigned responsibilities and displayed great dedication and enthusiasm in their leadership roles.
- Student Employee: Presented to undergraduate students employed by a campus office or department who show dedication, professionalism and leadership skills.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Leadership: Presented to graduate students who display a high level of professionalism, capacity to build community, passion and integrity.
- Organization Outreach: Presented to student organizations that have formed successful partnerships with local, national or international organizations in an effort to make a positive impact on society.
For complete details or to submit a nomination, click here (http://www.ric.edu/student_activities/leadership.php#leadership_awards and click on the links to the online nomination forms).
For more information contact Marissa Weiss at (401) 456-8149 or email@example.com.