Rhode Island College has a strong theatre program with a fine regional and national reputation. In anticipation of the 2012/2013 academic year, the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance is offering graduating high school seniors the opportunity to audition for Special Talent Awards in Theatre.
Auditions and interviews will be held on February 23th (Saturday) and March 2nd (Saturday) at Rhode Island College, BEGINNING AT NOON. All auditioners should arrive by noon. Auditions will take place in The Little Theatre of the John Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts (in the back of Roberts Hall).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE for Rhode Island College Theatre Talent Awards:
- Download and complete a
copy of the application for the Theatre Talent Award and forward to:
Dr. Jamie Taylor
Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance
Rhode Island College
600 Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
- Attach to the application a summary of his/her involvement in Theatre AND
- Enclose with the application one letter of recommendation from a sponsoring teacher/director.
DEADLINE for the Theatre Talent Award application is February 15th.
- Those performers auditioning should prepare two, contrasting monologues. The auditioner has a total of five minutes to present the two monologues. If you are interested in musical theatre, you should prepare one song and a monologue. There will be a piano in the room and a cd player. Candidates can have an accompanist—no accompanist is provided by the school.
- Those interested in design and technical theatre should bring along samples and/or photos of their creative work and be prepared for an oral interview.
- We want to encourage anyone who has aptitude in performing, stagecraft, design, or in theatre management to apply for these Talent Awards in Theatre. For further information, please call (401) 456- 8639.
- SCHOLARSHIPS RANGE FROM $500 - $3000 IN AN ACADEMIC YEAR. PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL, WE MAY OFFER MORE THAN $40,000 ANNUALLY IN SCHOLARSHIPS TO OUR STUDENTS.
THERE IS NO MAKE-UP OR RESCHEDULING FOR THIS SPECIAL TALENT AWARD AUDITION. STUDENTS MUST BE PRESENT AT EITHER AUDITION ON FEBRUARY 25th OR MARCH 3rd TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
Receiving a Special Talent Award Scholarship does not in any way guarantee nor implies admission to Rhode Island College. A student must be formally admitted to the College and enrolled as a student for the fall of 2012 in order to receive a Special Talent Award Scholarship.
For information on admissions requirements or to request an application for admission, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 1-800-669-5760 or 401-456-8234. You may apply online at www.ric.edu/admissions.