Rhode Island College has a strong theatre program with a fine regional and national reputation. In anticipation of the 2017-2018 academic year, the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance is offering graduating high school seniors the opportunity to audition for Special Talent Awards in Theatre.
Audition / Interview Preparation
- Auditions and interviews will be held on February 11th (Saturday) and February 25th (Saturday) at Rhode Island College, BEGINNING AT 11 A.M. Musical theatre students should arrive around 11:45 a.m.; non-musical theatre students should arrive around 10:45 a.m. Musical theatre students are required to take an intro dance class, so make sure you bring a change of clothes. The dance portion of the audition will take place around 1PM Auditions will take place in The Lila and John Sapinsley Hall of the John Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts (in the back of Roberts Hall).
- Those performers auditioning should prepare two, contrasting monologues. The auditioner has a total of four minutes to present the two monologues. If you are interested in musical theatre, you should prepare one song and a monologue. There will be a piano in the room and a cd player, BUT we prefer that musical theatre students bring sheet music for our accompanist. Musical selection should be a 16-bar cut.
- Musical theatre students are required to take an intro dance class, so make sure you bring a change of clothes. The dance portion of the audition will take place around 1PM.
- Those interested in design and technical theatre should bring along samples and/or photos of their creative work and be prepared for an oral interview.
- We want to encourage anyone who has aptitude in performing, stagecraft, design, or in theatre management to apply for these Talent Awards in Theatre. For further information, please call (401) 456-8639.
There is no make-up or rescheduling for this Special Talent Award Audition. Students must be present at either audition on February 11th or 25th to be considered for a scholarship.
Receiving a Special Talent Award Scholarship does not in any way guarantee nor implies admission to Rhode Island College. A student must be formally admitted to the College and enrolled as a student for the fall of 2017 in order to receive a Special Talent Award Scholarship.
For information on admissions requirements or to request an application for admission, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 1-800-669-5760 or 401-456-8234. You may apply online at www.ric.edu/admissions.