RICFest Homecoming Update: All outdoor activities planned for Oct. 1 have been moved indoors. Click here for details.
The dates for MIRIC 2016 are July 11-5 (Strings) and July 17-23 (band and chorus).
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Music Institute at Rhode Island College! MIRIC is an honors camp – admission is limited and will be based on a recorded audition.
To apply, the following materials must be received by May 15:
- A completed online application.
Click here to submit your online application.
- An audition recording.
• Attach a digital audio recording (mp3 format only) to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send uncompressed (WAV type) files.
• Alternatively, provide a link in the online application to your recording on a file sharing service such as Dropbox, iTunes, YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.
Please make sure to identify your name and instrument in your recording. The recording should be between three and seven minutes in length, displaying two contrasting works demonstrating the level of your best musicianship. Instrumentalists do not need accompaniment. Repertoire should be selected from the standard classical repertoire of your choice.
- A letter of recommendation.
A brief letter of recommendation from your school music teacher or private instructor is required. This can either be mailed to MIRIC, department of Music, Theatre, and Dance, Rhode Island College, 600 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Providence, RI 02908; OR your teacher may send an email to email@example.com.
Scholarship assistance is available based on financial need, outstanding talent, and musical/balance needs of the ensembles.
- To apply for need-based scholarships, please follow the instructions at the end of the online application process.
- Talent-based scholarships will be awarded based on the recording submitted with applications. No further application procedures are needed.
Click here to begin the application process for MIRIC!