All Faculty and Staff Email is now in Office 365. Do you need assistance?
Departmental Honors Projects
Anne & Bob De Stefano Undergraduate Research Program
The Anne & Bob De Stefano Undergraduate Research Program makes monetary awards to support undergraduate students doing departmental honors projects. The awards may be used for a variety of purposes, as outlined in the Information Sheet. An Application Form is also provided.
Completing the Departmental Honors Project
- Students completing departmental honors projects are required to fill out and submit the following online forms. The results will be recorded in a printed catalog celebrating the accomplishments of honors students.
- If there are any questions about the form, please contact the Director of Honors.
- Departmental Honors Projects Poster Session - To complete the departmental honors process, we ask that students display their work to the college community as part of the year-end Convocation of Scholars festivities. This display takes the form of a poster session meant to recognize those students who have successfully completed honors projects in their respective majors and to share their accomplishments with the college community. You are welcome, indeed encouraged, to invite friends and family, as well as your project advisors, to the poster session. We also hope that many faculty members from your respective departments will attend.
This year's session will be held Monday, April 27, 2015 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. in Alger Hall 110.
Departmental Honors Projects in Adams Library
Preparing Your Project For Submission
Each copy should include a title page (see your advisor for formatting instructions) and a completed signature/approval page obtained from your department chair that is signed in blue ink. Model title and approval pages for Honors Theses are available at the Honors webpage under Departmental Honors Projects. Students are requested to print out the
Bound / Digital Copies
- Library Copies--Students should submit two paper copies to the Adams Library: one for Special Collections and the other for the library's circulating collection.
- Departmental Copies--One or more copies may be required; students should check with their principal advisor to learn of departmental policies.
- Personal Copies--Students may also submit three personal copies for binding at no cost. An additional two personal copies may be obtained at the cost of $6.18 each, paid at the time of request by check made out to James P. Adams Library.
- Digital Copies--Students should also submit a digital copy (Word document preferred or PDF) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in DigitalCommons@RIC, the Institutional Repository of Rhode Island College. In the subject line of your email containing your digital copy, please include your last name and the type of thesis (i.e. Jespersen, Honors).
Delivering Copies to the Library
- Copies should be turned in to the Technical Services Department, room 201 of Adams Library. Call Chhann Ya (401) 456-1903 or Linda McEnery (401) 456-1902 for an appointment.
- All paperwork including title page, signature/approval pages, and completed Deposit and Access Agreement Form must be turned in with project
- Payment for additional personal copies must be made at time of drop off.
Picking Up Bound Copies
Students will be notified once bound copies are available for pick up from the library. An appointment for pick up should be scheduled with Ray Hartenstine of the Technical Services department by calling (401) 456-1905.
Questions? Contact Kieran Ayton (email@example.com)