Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
FYW Award Winning Essays
Interested in submitting a project from your FYW course at RIC? Click HERE for information.
2013-2014 First-Year Writing Award Winners
- Lindsay Ratcliffe – "A Study in Fan Mediated Works"
- Vincent Tanner – "Art as a Weapon: A Call to Arms Against Unjust Beauty Standards"
2012-2013 First-Year Writing Award Winners
- Kaydee Traghella – "Green Design: Good for the Planet, Good for One’s Health"
- Victoria Parker – "Coffee-Crazed and Self-Conscious"
2011-2012 First-Year Writing Award Winners
- Ashley Silvia – "Literacy Narrative"
- Janelle Haire – "Brains Versus Brawn at Rhode Island College"
- Lee-Ann Percoski – "Changing Color. Changing Race"
2010-2011 First-Year Writing Award Winners
- Cherissa Andrade – "Kissed by White Roses"
- Sarah Araujo – "To Use a Writing Center or to not Use a Writing Center?"
- Harry Johnson – "Real Problems or Devious Tricks: Why Do Students Bullshit?"
All essays are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.