ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: If you can no longer log into RIC email, Blackboard or MyRIC, visit the Student Account Page.
How to apply for teacher certification*
Even though you may have completed an approved teacher education program at RIC, you must still apply to RIDE for certification.
- This link will take you to the Rhode Island Department of Education website.
- Click on the link in the first yellow box, "RICERT Website/Portal".
- This will bring up a new page where you select the certification options.
- Once you make an option selection, follow the online application process.
* Please note: Applicants must have a conferred degree (completed transcript after graduation) prior to submitting certification application materials to RIDE.
Out of State Teacher Certification - How to Apply
To apply to
Director of Partnerships and Placements