Outside LinkConnect with FSEHD on Facebook!

How to apply for teacher certification*

Even though you may have completed an approved teacher education program at RIC, you must still Outside Linkapply to RIDE for certification.

  1. Outside LinkThis link will take you to the Rhode Island Department of Education website.
  2. Click on the link in the first yellow box, "RICERT Website/Portal".
  3. This will bring up a new page where you select the certification options.
  4. Once you make an option selection, follow the online application process.

* Please note: Applicants must have a conferred degree (completed transcript after graduation) prior to submitting certification application materials to RIDE.

Out of State Teacher Certification - How to Apply

To apply to Adobe PDFMassachusetts or Adobe PDFConnecticut, use their forms. You do not have to come or call, just complete the forms online and submit. We will verify, and mail to you and/or to the relevant State Department of Education. You may, of course, pick them up in person. For all other states, investigate their departments' of education websites.

Contact Information:

Director of Partnerships and Placements
Liz Garofalo

This page contains content in PDF format. You must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this content, click here to download it for free.

Page last updated: April 13, 2015