Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
ShorelineShoreline needs your submissions!
Shoreline, a magazine of literature and the arts, is the creative voice and pulse of Rhode Island College. Our goal is to publish and promote a collection of short fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, visual arts, and photography that represents the artistic energies unique to the students of Rhode Island College.
Please see Shoreline's submission guidelines below.
Shoreline 2015 now available!
Print copies of Shoreline 2015 cost $3 and are for sale in
- State your name and the genre of your piece in the subject line of your submission(s).
- All submissions must be the original work (non-published) of the person who is doing the submitting.
- Please submit finished/revised pieces only.
- Content and concerns of style/approach will be handled on a piece-by-piece basis. Don't be afraid to try us, even if you think your piece is "too this" or "too that" for a literary magazine.
- Submissions will only be accepted from currently enrolled RIC students. Both undergraduate and graduate student work will be accepted.
- All pieces, regardless of genre, must be titled.
- Submission to Shoreline does not guarantee that your piece will be published.
- Submit work at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit no more than one story or three short-shorts at one time. Please upload each submission in the same document.
There is a 7,000 word limit for fiction and submissions must be double-spaced in Times New Roman, 12pt font.
Submit no more than one work of creative nonfiction at a time.
There is a 7,000 word limit for nonfiction and submissions must be double-spaced in Times New Roman, 12pt font.
Please do not submit more than three poems at a time, and please upload all poems in the same document (being sure to title each poem individually). Poems will be published in the same format in which they are submitted.
- Visual art pieces must be scanned (please do not photograph your art)
- All works must be sent in as a .jpg file in CYMK format with a TITLE.
- Please submit no more than 5 photos at one time–as separate submissions.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com
We publish annually during the spring semester and look forward to reading/seeing your work.