Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
B.S. in Medical Imaging
Admission and Application Requirements
Initial entrance into the School of Medical Imaging (SMI) clinical education program requires admission to Rhode Island College (RIC) as a medical imaging intended major.
Please submit the
Admission Requirements for Nuclear Medicine Technology and Radiologic Technology Concentrators
- Completion of the Enrollment Form signed by the program director.
- Completion of all core and cognate courses with a minimum grade of C in each course.
- Completion of the College Mathematics and Writing Requirements.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.70.
- An interview with the director of the Rhode Island Hospital School of Medical Imaging.
Admission Requirements Computed Tomography
- Prior ARRT certification and concurrent acceptance into the Rhode Island Hospital School of Medical Imaging computed tomography program.
Retention Requirement for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Nuclear Medicine Technology or Radiologic Technology Concentrators
- A minimum grade of C in all RADT, NMT, and CTSC courses.
Retention Requirement for Computed Tomography, or Medical Imaging Management Concentrators
- A minimum grade of C in all cognate and major courses.
General Education Requirements for Students Concentrating in Computed Tomography and Medical Imaging Management
Students must complete the college's General Education requirements, with the following contingencies:
- Students will take MATH 181 in the Mathematical Systems Category.
- Students will receive transfer credit for LS175, which will fulfill the Laboratory Science Category.
- Students will receive transfer credit for SM175, which will fulfill the Additional Science/Mathematics Category.