NOTICE: Classes/activities resume Thursday, Jan. 29. Click for details.
Freshman Admission Requirements
Admission decisions are based primarily on an applicant's academic record, including completion of required high school coursework, grades, and class rank/GPA. Most accepted students rank in the top 50 percent of their graduating class and have at least B/B- average.
High School Course Requirements – 18 college preparatory units
- 4 units/years of English
- 2 units/years of the same foreign language
- 3 units/years of mathematics (algebra I, algebra II, and geometry)
- 2 units/years of history or social science
- 2 units/years of laboratory science
- 5 additional college preparatory units (additional coursework in any of the above subjects, or other college preparatory elective courses offered by your high school)
- the college essay
- SAT/ACT scores (official scores on the SAT or ACT with ACT Writing Test required)
- academic potential
- extracurricular activities
Applications are reviewed for decision once all required materials are received.
|December 15||Presidential Scholarship priority consideration (requires completed application for admission)|
|March 15||Application deadline for fall|
|March 1||Financial Aid deadline (FAFSA and Rhode Island College Financial Aid Form)|
|November 15||Application deadline for spring|