NOTICE : Nov. 28 - Holiday office and power outage closures. Click for details.
|Fogarty Life Science (FLS) 218|
- B.S.N. Saint Anselm College, 1981
- M.P.H. Tulane University, 1986
- M.N. Louisiana State University, 1987
- PhD University of Rhode Island, 2007
Courses TaughtCOLL 101 The College Experience
NURS 102 The Nursing Experience II
NURS 370 Public & Community Health Nursing
NURS 390 Independent Study
NURS 391 Directed Study
NURS 511 Public Health/Community Lead I
Areas of Interest
- Public Health/Health Policy
- Chronic Disease/Diabetes Management/HIV and AIDS/Lead Poisoning
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Costello, J. (2013). Roles and strategies of diabetes support group facilitators: An exploratory study. The Diabetes Educator, first published on February 14, 2013 as doi:10.1177/0145721713476347
- Costello, J.F., Sliney, A., MacLeod, C., Carpentier, M., Garofalo, R., & Flanigan, T. (2012). Implementation of routine HIV testing in an acute care hospital in Rhode Island: A nurse initiated opt-out pilot project. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, first published on December 27, 2012 as doi:10.1016/j.jana.2012.09.007
- Byrd, M., Costello, J., Gremel, K., Schwager, J., Blanchette, L., & Molloy, T. (2012). Political astuteness of baccalaureate nursing students following an active learning experience in public policy. Journal of Public Health Nursing, 1-11. doi: 10.111/j.1525-1446.2012.01032.x
- Presenter, Pontifica Universidad Catolica del Ecuador Conference, Prevention and Comprehensive Management of HIV/AIDS/STI,Utilization of Nurses to Promote Positive Health Outcomes: Global Exemplars of HIV/AIDS Prevention and Treatment, Quito, Ecuador, 3/2010.
- Presenter, American Public Health Association 137th Annual Meeting and Exposition, Teaching Public Policy in Undergraduate Nursing Education: Highlights From a Decade of Public Policy Projects, Philadelphia, PA, 11/2009.
- Presenter, American Public Health Association 137th Annual Meeting and Exposition, Teaching Community Outreach and Education: The HPV Prevention Initiative, Philadelphia, PA, 11/2009.